Monday, April 7, 2008

R.I.P.*


Don't worry, Pat's still alive and well. He's just testing the coffin for size and comfort. He gives it a 4 out of 5. Points for the integrated headrest and legroom, but in the end, it's still made out of stone and not so comfy.

No, our recent tragedy was our camera.
It didn't survive the most recent drop. I confess... in December, I dropped it unsheathed on hard, cold cobblestone outside the Tower of London and, though wounded (partially busted battery door that I taped closed), it survived.


This time I dropped it in its case on a tile floor next to this ancient grave effigy. I really thought it'd be ok, but it must have hit in such a way that it messed up the lens. It turns on, but all you see is blackness. We tried some resuscitation without success.


In its short 3 years of life, this little camera took 10,045 photos in the US, Japan, China, Australia, Germany, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Chile, Belgium, Italy, England, Ireland, Scotland, and Switzerland without complaint. Rest in peace little soldier, you deserve it.

* All photos courtesy of my Aunt Pat's camera.

No comments: